Thursday, November 5, 2009

HALLOWEEN 2009




We had such a great Halloween night this year. Kay and I were going to leave and go to dinner and sort of hang out at the Mall for a couple of hours. We ended up going to dinner and then came home because Joe brought his two daughters over and we went trick-or-treating. It was so much fun. Before they arrived, we sat on the front porch bench and tried to say really still so those kids who would come may think we were "dummies". Most of them did, and we would jump up and scare them. Two young girls came up to the door and one said to the other, "For a minute there, I thought those people on the bench were real"....!!!! It was so much fun and we enjoyed every minute of it.
Joe came over and after trick-or- treating they stayed to visit until the kids needed to get home and go to bed. We visited and drank hot chocolate and they ate some yummy cupcakes made by a neighbor and brought to us that evening.
I have fond memories of my mom dressing up with us and going out trick-or-treating. Many who saw my picture on Facebook told me I looked so much like my mom (minus the teeth) and it made me feel so good. She would dress similar and go to relative's houses and they wouldn't even know who she was. Usually she would barge right past them and sit down in a chair in their living room. She liked dressing up as a hobo and really, you couldn't tell it was her. All in all, we had some candy left after quite a few kids, and it was a fun evening. I was so happy Kay was such a great sport to do it along with me.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!