Friday, March 6, 2009

Lesli playing the Ukelele

While I was in Hawaii visiting Lesli, she showed me her talent playing the Ukelele. It was awesome and we enjoyed many nights and mornings on her patio hearing her sing and play. My trip was one I will not forget. We spent all the time I was there together and as always, she showed me a great time. We visited many beaches, frequenting the sand and surf. The weather was rainy season, so we didn't venture out on "beach days" until late morning. The soft whispers of rain would come early morning and then leave without a sound. I enjoyed waking up early and going out onto the patio and spending my own "quiet time" soaking in all the beauty surrounding her place. We spent a lot of time at the "swap meet" they hold at the University of Hawaii Stadium. Vendors fix up their tents and sell their wares for such a cheap price, you want to buy everything! I had to buy an additional travel bag in order to bring back all the items I purchased. Each time, we would get home and say, "I wish I would have gotten that....." So we would plan to go the next time they were setting up (Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays). T-shirts were 8 for $20, and bracelets and necklaces were so beautiful and affordable. Sua's family was so kind and before I left, brought boxes and boxes of chocolate covered macadamia nuts, mugs, cookies, jam, candies, etc. from the island. They wanted to make sure I had a little bit of everything! It was so kind, but I then ended up having to borrow another bag from Lesli in order to take it all back. Unbelievable. Les and I visited the Laie Mormon Temple and went through the visitor's center, which was Lesli's idea. We got many pictures as well as two pictures standing right next to a huge carving of Jesus Christ. We also visited the DOLE pineapple factory and succumbed to a soft serve pineapple ice cream cone. What a treat. The weather during the whole time was chilly in the mornings to the point I needed to wear a sweatshirt...but always cleared up by around 11:00. It is the rainy season during Feb/March. I want to go back already and miss the "gang" we hung out with all the time. Thanks to Les and Sua for opening their home to me and showing me such sweet hospitality and helping me not to get homesick....which I never did. Love you guys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I love the end when she laughs! You did great Les!
cyn

Chris said...

I"m so glad you got to have that time together. What a blast! You have such a great relationship with Lesli..you're so blessed. And her singing is beautiful! Why didn't you post your tattoo? lol

Shana said...

That was beautiful! I am so glad you had a good time. but you always do when you are with her and your other kids! :) How fun! I wish I could go!!!