Monday, March 23, 2009

PRAYER....

Lately, I've had so much to pray about. I know my Father In Heaven listens to me, and I'm like everyone else, wondering why such sad, worrisome things have to happen. For one, I can't seem to quit smoking. I don't seem to have the will power to "get er done". I rely so much on this sick habit as a crutch for when things aren't going right, or I'm stressed about other things going on in my life. It is my priority right now, to better my health and rid myself of this crutch.

Secondly, bad things happen. I pray each day, many times, in places you would never imagine, that my family will be happy.

Thirdly, my sister, Christine has had a lot of hard knocks lately, and for her, I'm sure prayer has been constant. First, her grandson was kicked by a horse and had spleen damage. He's recuperating well, but now they have news that Jake, her son-in-law could have cancer in his body, again. He's already had a bout with it, but he did well with the treatment. This family is expecting a new grandbaby girl in May. My prayers are with them for strength to hold up in this trying time..

It seems lately, when it rains it pours. I am so grateful for my life and the blessings I have received from my Father in Heaven. I know he answers my prayers. I love the talk that Elder Bednar gave at October Conference last year. He said, "Do our spouses, children, and other family members likewise feel the power of our prayers offered unto the Father for their specific needs and desires? Do those we serve hear us pray for them with faith and sincerity? If those we love and serve have not heard and felt the influence of our earnest prayers in their behalf, then the time to repent is now. As we emulate the example of the Savior, our prayers truly will become more meaningful."

I know there is so much I need to change in my life to be a better person. I sincerely hope my family hears my prayers.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Thank you so much for your prayers. We truely feel them. It's amazing how many people have said they are praying for jake and shana..and I have multiple people in different states that have put his name on their temple prayer rolls. The power of prayer is amazing. I'm going to call right now and put yours in there to help you through this trying time with smoking. I know it can help. I love you and thanks again for your love and support. It's truely felt. I love you!

Shana said...

Aunt Kayleen,
Thank you for your sweet prayers! It really means a lot. It is a scary time, but Jake will get through it again.
Have you seen a Dr to try to quit smoking?? That may help? It is hard and I could never imagine to try to give that habit up without the help from others. You have support for us!! So I hope and pray you can do it! I know you can!!!! We will pray for you. I know you will feel so much better achieving such a hard goal!!
Love you tons!
Shana