Monday, March 9, 2009

My first and probably last.....tattoo.....


Okay, Christine wondered why I didn't publish my picture of my new tattoo I got while on my vacation in Hawaii. Well, here it is. I know many will disagree about tattoos, but I did have meaning behind this. I wanted something tattooed that would show my love for my 4 children, and the heart in the middle represents my love for my husband, Kay. Yes, it did hurt. Yes, I would have another one, but probably not. It was swollen only for the first day and the pink around the edges went away by two days. I love it and can't wait to be able to wear my sandals in the summer to show it off. If you're going to Hawaii and you're interested, Lesli knows a fantastic tattooer there who will give you a great professional tattoo. He normally does the Samoan Tattoos that are culture based, but this tattoo only took him an hour and it was a cinch compared to those he does for the Samoans. Good Luck! Let me know if you get one and I'll, of course, want to see it!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Maybe i'll get one when I'm there too!! My kids would hate me but guess I could have one where they won't see it..lol But then what'st he point huh?

Kayleen and Kay Sheppard said...

There is total meaning for me with my Tattoo. I don't care if someone sees it or not. On my foot only shows in the summertime anyway. It was for me, and I love it so much. It's not like those on people who just get them to get them. I really love mine and hope you can find something you could use for your own special reason. Good Luck! I'll tell Lesli when you're coming so she can be PREPARED! LOL