Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday and the week ahead,,,,,,,

Easter Sunday began with going to Church and being inspired by those who spoke. It's been a long time since I truly remembered the reason we celebrate Easter. I've thought about it, but didn't realize the importance of it because of other things on my mind (just being honest). Then, when I came home from Church, Joe, Sarah and the girls came over and we had a Lasagna Lunch. Afterwards, we had an Easter egg hunt, finding the Easter eggs Papa hid for the girls. We had 15 plastic eggs filled with fun candy, and about 15 hard boiled eggs. For some reason, Ave seemed to find all the hard boiled eggs and Phoenix found the plastic ones. When Ave would find another egg, she would drop the basket, run to the egg, and then come back and "throw" it in the basket. Most of the hard boiled eggs were cracked after her "gentle" placing in the basket. We had such good weather for the hunt. Joe and Sarah had fun eating the "sizzle" candy that was in the girls eggs. They marveled at the feeling in your mouth and joked about the orange, purple and blue tongues they got. This next week is a busy one for their family. Joe is headed to San Francisco and the northern coast of California, then he will drive down to San Diego for the remainder of his two week business trip. Sarah and the girls will leave on today as well and drive down with Hannah to go and visit her sister in Arizona. They will be gone for a week. I will miss all of them. My week will be filled with quilting, reading, registering the motorcycle and my car, learning how to do the volunteer indexing for geneology, and sending off Christopher's birthday gift. In between, of course, I will clean the house, and take care of Kay, who has now gotten another cold. It was a great day yesterday and I'm so happy Joe and his family came over to help celebrate it. Their smiles brought happiness to my heart. The video of Phoenix singing "Pink" is for her graduation from pre-school. She has to sing it all by herself, and I can't wait for her performance. (Sorry about it being the wrong way....strain your neck, it's worth it!)

No comments: