Monday, April 6, 2009

179th LDS General Conference


I was so moved by this LDS General Conference. Maybe it was because I have my own struggles right now and all the speakers touched on something I could change or do to help me make those changes. He already knows I'm having a hard time with many, many things. I believe I need to have more faith that he will support me in those changes if it is His will.

I have had many revelations come to me in dreams in the past. I only had those revelations when I was totally in tune with the Lord. I would pray in the mornings, pray in the strangest places during the day (while doing the dishes, while in the bathroom, when driving along in my car) and I would pray before I went to bed. Then, it seemed I was the very closest to him when I went to sleep. For the past 24 years, I have not been as "in tune" with the Lord as I should have been, even though I have been praying every evening. Too many things were tempting me over those many years, and I was not living my religion as I should've been.

I haven't "dreamed" like I did during that time and haven't been able to even "recollect" my dreams. That was a very special time to me and I want to get back to that feeling. I am trying, but I have so much "work" to do to get there. I know I can do it. I realize however, that you really need to have faith that he will help you in order for his help to materialize. Those dreams helped people who needed help at the time, and right now I feel like I'm wandering about, not seeing other's needs like I did before. I believe in the power of prayer and will hold fast to doing it consistently, so the Lord will help me, as I have more faith, to seek out those I can serve and make the changes I need to make.

Thank you to Our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson and to the other General Authorities whose words moved me so much yesterday.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I have faith that you can do it!! I know Heavenly Father has faith in you too. It's not going to happen over night. It will take time and many more prayers. I'm proud of you for even wanting to make a change. I too, was very inspired with the talks. It seems like no matter what you are needing to hear they always have something to say about a particular strugle. I can't remember who it was that talked on people who have been away from the church and asking them (you) to come back. They talked a lot on faith, trials and tribulations. Life is hard. No one is perfect but as long as you are trying you will be blessed!! I love you!