Tuesday, May 5, 2009

MOTHER'S DAY, 2009



















I love Mother's Day. Every day I think of each of my kids and wonder what they are doing at that moment of thought. I worry about each one of them, their spouse and their children. I visualize on each of their birthdays the accounts of their births. Each one holds a special memory for me. I always know how lucky I was to be chosen by our Heavenly Father to be their mom. I have made many mistakes with parenting; but I did the best I could do with the example my mom showed me in her days of raising me. As each of my kids grow older, however, I realize they are on their own "adventure" in parenting. I can only hope and pray that any example I was as a mom, they will remember the good ways I handled things and not the errors of my ways. They each have made me a very proud mother, and it really does seem that I talk to others totally about my kids and grandkids, each time a conversation begins. Therefore, because I am a proud mom, I am posting a picture of my kids. They each turned out "tall" on accomplishments and "big" on heart. I can't forget my own mom at this time; I never would. In fact, one part of me is so sad on Mother's Day....partly because my mom has passed and the other part is that I don't have three of my four kids around on that day. I do have Joseph, and that's my saving grace. So, this tribute is to mostly my own mom and for the years she spent raising me; and secondly for my privilege and opportunity of being the mom of four beautiful spirits, my children.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I'm like you when it comes to Mothers Day. I have mixed emotions. I know I'll never be the mom my kids wish they had though. I try but I've made mistakes too and continue to do so. I'm far from perfect. But we can say we did our best. We didn't have mom and dad to call for advice etc. Anyway, I'm also proud of my kids. I love them more than life itself and would give my own life for them. I miss mom too..more than anything. I miss her enthusiasm for life, her love for shopping, her good cooking and her beautiful face.
Happy Mothers Day Sista!! Love you