Monday, May 18, 2009

My Granddaughter, Phoenix


I am always amazed at my granddaughter. When she comes over, she runs to me with open arms and I always feel so special when she comes to visit. I am so happy for her spirit and for her love for life. She gets excited over the smallest little things. I've learned over the years, that even though children are small, you can learn to respect them for their cute little ideas and teach them you think they are great ideas. Then, as they grow, they develop respect for you as a "teacher" and listen to things you say to them that are encouraging. They learn to grow with these ideas. Their new thoughts include those you may have put into their heads. I am so excited for Phoenix to graduate from Pre-school. I know it was only a couple of years ago Jakob, my grandson in Chicago, graduated from pre-school. It was such an exciting time for him. I even traveled to Chicago for the event. I was proud; just as I am proud of Phoenix in her little sweet accomplishments she has made in the past year. She shows me everything she has learned, sings the songs and tells me about the alphabet she has learned. Writing is one her best talents. We will sit and talk and she comes out with the most sweet spirited comments, that it can bring me to tears. Those are the memories I take with me each day. She is very special to me and I know that through her life, we will always be close. When she says certain things, I listen. She tells me things I would never hear from her parents, nor do I hear them at Church or with other adults. It's just special things that come to her mind. I listen intently, because I know there's a special message in it for me. I love you Phoenix and am proud you are graduating from Pre-school. It may seem small to many people, but such an accomplishment for her and she is proud of herself. I am proud of her too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you Phoenix! You're growing up so fast and you're such a smart little girl. Grandma loves you so very much. Congratulations on your graduation! We love you!

Aunt Cyndee

Chris said...

Makinley is graduating this Thurs. from her preschool too..I'll be going to that. They just grow way too fast huh? She's sure a doll!!